Sunday 15 June 2014

Best of... Drugstore Everyday Lipsticks

So, this is my first post and so I thought you could get to know me through my  everyday lipstick choice!
I am quite a drugstore junkie... which can be an issue for my bank, but is great for you as I have lots of suggestions for some great affordable bits and bobs!
As with many, lipsticks (or lip products in general) are my guilty pleasure, so here are my favourite affordable options:

Everyday


From Left to right :
Vintage Pink, Latino, Pink Hurricane
Choco Cream and Coral Shimmer
 
I am not one who can wear a bright pink to go to the supermarket... however I do like a good, everyday colour which is not to 'in your face'!
The first two are from Rimmel from the moisture renew range. I have both the old and the new formula and I have to say I can defiantly see an improvement! They are even more buttery and pigmented. I have the shade 'Vintage Pink' and 'Latino'.
Vintage Pink is a dusky deep rosy shade with purple undertones. This is one that I love for a slightly deeper colour. It is just a bit darker than my natural lip and is there for a fantastic colour!
Latino is a fairly bright pink with very fine shimmer. This is nothing huge it is more of a sheen. This is great for summer as it is bright enough to show and brighten up your skin tone without making your lips look like a nail polish colour!

I then have two from the Maybelline colour sensational range. I love this formula as it is super creamy and yet still nicely long wearing. The packaging of these are fantastic as they allow you to know the colour without having to see the bottom of the tube! I like the shades 'Pink Hurricane' and 'Choco Cream'.
Pink Hurricane is a raspberry red colour with a slight sheen. This sounds quite scary but it is basically my lip colour just with that sheen. It is super creamy which means it doesn't dry your lips out and yet the pigmentation is not effected by the formula.
Choco Cream is a nude with a slight pinky brown undertone. This lipstick has no sheen but it does have a stain finish. This makes it moisturising and creamy! I find this lipstick really complements my fair skin tone and looks even more fantastic with a coral lip gloss on top.

My last choice is lipstick that cost a whole £1.99!! The natural collection has a fab range of products, some slightly off the mark but others that are real gems. I only have one shade 'Coral Shimmer'.  The formula is not quite up with the new Rimmel lipstick but it nice. The lipstick isn't as long wearing either but the colours are lovely and having to reapply is worth the colour!
Coral Shimmer is a (guess the shade type!) :p coral shimmery colour. The sheen in the lipstick is a fantastic colour. It is a very sophisticated coral, not bright orange but a beautiful red/pink coral.

I hope you like these suggestions as they are my favourite everyday drugstore shades. I will do a post in 2 weeks about my favourite out there colours for when you need a pick me up!!
Keep reading for further posts,
Love you all

L
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment